2 Accidental Cakes and One on Purpose

Today I made three cakes, but not on purpose. I know what your thinking. How can anyone make a cake accidentally? Let me back up and tell this story from the beginning. My family gets together for birthdays.   Traditionally the person having the birthday is the person who chooses the cake.  Two years ago, when it was my brother-in-law birthday, he requested a guava cake. My brother-in-law is a huge fan of everything Hawaii. I had never heard of a guava cake but decided to give it a try.  It became an instant family hit. Now every birthday, the cake of choice is guava cake. I’ve tried bringing other cakes to the family birthdays but they didn’t pass the taste test. Guava cake is the one and only request.

In honor of the March birthdays (my dad, my sister and me) I made a guava cake. Well, at least I tried. Instead of using water, this recipe uses Kern’s juice. Unfortunately, the first thing I did was to pour in the water and then remembered I had to use the juice instead!

Luckily I had another yellow cake mix. I poured that cake into a pan, set it aside and started again. On the second cake batter recipe, I poured in water instead of juice, again! Where was my head?

I looked in the cupboard and realized I had another yellow cake mix. In order to not make the same mistake three times in a row, I poured the juice into the bowl first so I wouldn’t forget.

One person’s mistake is another’s good luck. Class, today we are eating cake!

11454297503_e27946e4ff_h

9 Comments

1. that was really funny how you kept making the same mistake but why did you restart why not just use the water?

2. jaydenyoung6767

March 24, 2014 at 11:20 am

My mom did the same thing she did not cook well it melted very nice.

3. I think it has something to do with how your brain processes priority and memory.

4. nickoprather88beep

March 24, 2014 at 3:51 pm

Very descriptive and I feel bad it took that long to make the cake. Very good recipe.

5. The wild Felix

March 24, 2014 at 4:36 pm

I think you should purposefully mess up every time you make a cake so we can have it in class.

6. Great job! I suggest you take the period off of the word traditionally.